Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day #8: ..the cardigan.. | The Debonair 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge

Day #8: ..the cardigan..

The Debonair 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge
 







 



..now the hard part begins, I'm soon over introducing my outfits and soon it will be time to remix them.. for some of my loyal readers you might recognize a few items i have already worn already.  Well introducing the cardigan, this Hilfiger cardigan is a mock old school collegiate/ preppy style - I found it one day when taking a friend of mine to a thrift store in Brooklyn for about $12.00, I wore it with my Zara grey/white and black plaid shirt, combined it with my knit black tie i also found at a thrift store in Brooklyn for around $5.00 and finished with a black and white pinstripe pair of slacks and standard shoes.. don't forget the socks.. I wore a pair of H&M socks that almost resembles the Zara shirt design.

I honestly felt smart wearing this.. maybe its the glasses, but i like this look, its simple.. and able to keep you warm outside when the temperature is down and comfortable to wear inside as well.

The Outfit
  • Cardigan - (Cream/ Gray/ Black) Hilfiger - Thrift Store
  • Shirt - (Gray/White/Yellow/Black Plaid) Zara
  • Knit Tie - (Black)
  • Belt - (Black) DKNY
  • Pinstripe White/ Black Pants - H&M
  • Shoes - Stacy Adams
  • Socks - H&M
  • Topcoat - French Connection

4 comments:

  1. Very smooth, brother. The layered look with the topcoat is especially nice -- and few guys can sell the argyle print socks. I can probably wear this ensemble a grand total of 7 times out here in Cali, but those'll be great nights... Keep 'em coming! -O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're doing the 30 for 30 challenge! You have great style. I may copy one of your outfits the next time I need to dress my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the preppy look on you, indeed the glasses are super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cardigan, especially with the year embroidered onto the crest -- very 60s Japan/Ivy Style. I also think it's really great how you mix in different patterns with the shirt and the argyle socks (yay attention to detail!) keeping the whole thing classic but boring.

    I know my Mr. would wear something like this, but I'm also inspired to give it a go - with a femme twist, of course.

    well done!

    ReplyDelete