Monday, December 20, 2010

Day #30: ..I made it!.. | The Debonair 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge

Day #30: ..I made it!..

The Debonair 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge
 






..i cant believe it! well actually i can.. this challenge is by no way easy.. however i learned a few things from my 30 day experience:

1 - pick colors that can blend in with others, very important and probably the golden rule if you want to survive this challenge.
2 - I'm thankful that i began this challenge during the Fall to demonstrate the importance of layers, in a challenge like this its crucial to come with fresh outfits by learning how to create outfits from layering sweaters with blazers.
3 - the money i saved while in this challenge, was amazing.. you don't really know your spending until you take a timeout to really think about it.

Will i ever do this again? For sure.. maybe in Spring.. i do better with my outfits during transitional seasons. But, I'm soo happy to start wearing my other garments.  Special thanks to Kendi for the inspiration and for all of the other remixers for your support.

The Final Outfit
  • Raincoat - H&M (Brown Plaid)
  • Sweater - Banana Republic (Orange)
  • French Cuff Shirt - Van Heusen (Brown/White/Blue)
  • Tie - Steve and Barrys (Various Brown)
  • Wool Blazer - Thrift
  • Corduroy Pants - (Brown) J. Crew
  • Shoes - (Brown) Aldo


Just FYI, every outfit in this challenge has cost no more than $200!



6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You did it!! And you did it with flair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job! I had to go back and take a look at your previous outfits. Very nice! I gave you a shout out in my Thursday's Thoughts #26 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I finished the challenge last week. Tried to get my husband on board, but I think he only has 30 items to begin with, lol!

    Kendra

    http://closetconfections.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I have seen a ton of remixes in the last month. Congrats on finishing this thing.

    ReplyDelete