Monday, May 16, 2011

The Find: The Debonair Extraordinaire's Find of the Week..

Greeting Friends, as most of you know I’m a fan of the thrift stores, consignment shops and yard sales... I mean where else can you get vintage cufflinks for $20.00!, one of a kind tie bars for $10.00 or blazers from back in the day that are surely making a comeback in today’s fashion for under $50.00? Nowhere else! So I think it’s about time that I share with you, the find of the week: every week, ill showcase an item I got from my normal Saturday A.M. thrifting hunt and explain why I believe this is the find.

SO THIS WEEK'S FIND IS:


Polo Ralph Lauren Seabright Stripe Club Ivy League Inspired 100% Silk Handmade Tie

This tie would run you retail - $115.00 at polo.com however this one is currently on sale for $79.99.  But a trip to Housing Works in Park Slope Brooklyn, NY, I found this tie for $5.00!  The best part is that I didn’t have to dig; Housing Works neatly has everything you’re looking for without having to get the hard hats with lights and dig your way to make the find.






The Tie is in good condition, the colors are bright - not faded like some of the ties you find elsewhere, the fabric is tough and sturdy and the stitching is all in place.  This seasons' look without a doubt is what I call neo-preppy: a mix between urban and preppy... and this tie is sure to make a statement with a pair of blue slacks, blue double breasted vest from all of mankind and brown lace-ups from Aldo; also notice that I don’t tie it all the way to give it a cool appeal.. as seen in the pictures of myself at work.  But I could also pair it with a two button classic navy blazer and Japanese denim jeans with some classic red Chuck Taylors or some brown loafers for a mature/urban look..



Despite the rainy day today in NYC, I felt well put together and sometimes it takes something as little as a $115.00 Tie you bought for $5.00 to mend your look together.


1 comment: